mercoledì 24 febbraio 2016

AUTISM - Michela 5°E



Autism is a life-long developmental disability; people with autism have severe problems of reasoning, social relationships, communication and behaviour.
It's four time more prevalent in boys than girls and genetic factors may sometimes be involved.
Autistic children and adults have difficulty using verbal and non-verbal language and relating to people because some of them may be very aggressive.
There is no specific cure for autism but it is treatable with games and activities with specially trained teachers. There are many therapies such as speech therapy or sensorial integration.
When I was younger, I met a boy affected by this disorder. When he was near me  I was terrified, I was afraid of being hit by him; he could steal my neck or my book or my pen!
He was always alone or with his teacher and when she spoke he didn't look into her eyes.
Now I understand why and I'm very sad for this person.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento